Friday, September 15, 2006

Rainy Day Linkfest


It is raining here in new york city and anyone with any sense is huddles inside. I planned on writing a post but when I got half way through it my firefox crashed, losing all my unsaved data. I don’t think I have it in me to write another one. So I’m going to provide you with a series of links that would be infinitely more entertaining anyway.

Stylus Magazine has posted what they believe to be the top 100 music videos of all time, I do think that a good many of them are amazing, but im sure some of you will find a few glaring omissions [Where is ‘So Whatcha Want’?]. What is you’re favorite music video?

A friend sent this video over, a short but somewhat powerful anti-America piece. That’s all fine and dandy, but it annoys me that people seem to be jumping on this whole “America is so corrupt” bandwagon only after 9/11. This is not news folks. Remember Reagan sold arms to Iran? Remember the Tuskegee Experiments? Remember "Coloreds Only" signs? Remember Oliver North? Remember Nixon? Remember Katrina? It's been in motion for a while.

And on a similar note, Snooze wrote a very brave, sensitive, and insightful post about the personal experiences we go through during a tragedy of any magnitude, and how some are affected more than others, depending on just where they are in life. I found it thoughtful and intelligent. What is your 9/11?

I don’t know what to make of this video. There are so many things wrong with it, yet I couldn’t tear my eyes from the screen. There was just something about it… oh wait… is that my dad?

Here is a pretty popular online novel my friend turned me onto. After reading a little of it I imagine ill be hooked soon. check it out, you may get hooked too.

Knowing that im a huge radiohead geek [as a friend said to me the other day, what person that truly loves music isnt?], and seeing as i turned you all onto those Radiohead crunk covers a while back, here is a new offering, this time from a collection of well known and legendary raggae and dub stars entitiled "Radiodread," that, from the first song, "Airbag," is done equally well, if not a wee bit better.

A list of the 50 greatest independent films of all time. I love list.

Dork Magazine was nice enough to link the new TV on the Radio album [which, if you remember, I was raving about like 2 months ago] listen to it. buy the record. They also have a feature on Sadat X, which you should also check out [because im involved with the album and its good].

That’s all for now, I’ll make a real post soon. I’ve just been busy with work and started back at scool and blah blah bladdy blah. Have a good weekend peoples. Keep me on the radar, im not going anywhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Creative Commons License
:gray matters: by jkg is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at downtownalleys.blogspot.com.