Wednesday, February 13, 2008

how to be a CEO


I've barely gotten out of my pajamas the last few days. I haven’t had to go anywhere. Its been snowing. And I work from home. Why should I have?

I get anxious though. Idle hands are the devils playthings. Is that how that saying goes? Anyway, when I find myself doing nothing my nerves get the best of me. I get restless, paranoid. At the same time though, I'm pretty lazy. So you see the conflict I go through here.

I spent the first day drunk and stoned. I played a video game, read forums about LOST, chatted with friends, and watched The Wire. I figured I deserved a day to myself. I've been working a lot.

But by the second day the scum of sloth began to itch in my creases. I felt dirty and used up. So I did some work. I emailed some people. I made a few calls. I went grocery shopping. I even did some exercises. The whole time though, I stayed in my pajamas.

Today is the third day and I’ve fixed my faulty wireless connection, talked to a few labels, emailed a few reps. I've made notes and returned phone calls. I addressed some important issues with the companies I deal with. I made some decisions that may change the direction of things. But I never disrobed from my pajamas.

success.

Also, I downloaded Amp Lives Radiohead remix album. It’s pretty good. I'm particularly fond of ‘Reckonerz’ featuring Chali2na, the ’15 Stepz’ cover, and ‘Fauszt.’ Most of them are good though. Check it out.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Creative Commons License
:gray matters: by jkg is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at downtownalleys.blogspot.com.