Saturday, June 17, 2006

Tripping Around the House


I’m always writing my post from the same fucking place. In my office, on my captains seat, smoking a cigarette and staring out the window. Looking at the leaves in the tree on the sidewalk in front of my house. Clocking the neighbors sit on their stoops and talk about their day. Watching the cars find parking and traffic building up and the cars bumping each other and the horns blare. Looking at my dirty floor and my disgusting garbage can. The blanket of ash all over everything. My dead imac. My busted computer desk, covered in small strings of loose tobacco. Matchbooks everywhere. Empty glasses everywhere. Same fucking place. Every fucking time.

[edited for boredome. being boring is, well... boring. so try to stay off boredome, it'll get you nowhere. and eat your greens. remember that kids.]

****************************************

I have been captured by a few songs lately. "The Animal Song" by Grandaddy. Apparently this is their last record so you should go out and buy it. "Relevee" by Delia Gonzalez & Gavin Russom, but particularly the Carl Craig remix. This is what techno remixes aspire to. I think, but what do I know. Then there is this song called "Colossal" by new band-of-the-moment Wolfmother. God damn that song is rocking. They sound like fucking Black Sabbath to the core, but that, as they say, is a good thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Creative Commons License
:gray matters: by jkg is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at downtownalleys.blogspot.com.